|Noticeboard||Beth Din||Archives||Add Event||Subscribe||Privacy||Log in|
In Melbourne Shabbat begins Fri 25 Aug 2017 05:34 PM and ends Sat 19 Aug 2017 06:29 PM
כ"ו ניסן ה' אלפים תשס"ח
From time immemorial, the Jewish People have known how to recognise ‘transitions’ by dedicating special Shabbatot either immediately before or after an important date in the Jewish and Hebrew calendar.
Shabbat Kedoshim which falls before Yom Ha'atzmaut (Friday night May 2 and Saturday May 3, 2008) is just such a Shabbat, rejoicing in our national revival - Israel. It has been designated the Jewish Peoplehood Shabbaton worldwide.
The Zionist Federation of Australia invites you to look ahead in preparing your programme for this special Shabbat and is pleased to present some essential resources in order to share in these activities, including the ZFA’s educational resource kit, the contents of which can be accessed via the ZFA website.
The Department for Jewish Zionist Education of the Jewish Agency for Israel has also produced new Shabbat programmes and resources that can be found via the Israel@60 section of the ZFA website (www.zfa.com.au).
• Divrei Torah for Rabbis and community leaders
• Activities and study resources for all ages - children, teenagers, students and adults
• Academic articles and resources on the state of the Jewish People today
• Three original 2-minute trigger films produced by the Education Department
• And more…
Most importantly, we would like you to join us and Jewish communities
around the world at least by:
- marking this special Shabbat at your shule
- dedicating your Dvar Torah to Israel’s 60th
- arranging an Israel@60 kiddush
- and, if possible, any other activities within your shule framework