|Noticeboard||Beth Din||Archives||Add Event||Subscribe||Privacy||Log in|
In Melbourne Shabbat begins Fri 23 Mar 2018 07:09 PM and ends Sat 24 Mar 2018 08:07 PM
כ"ג תמוז ה' אלפים תש"ע
2 July 2010
1. As of 1/7/10, Chick Chicken is now operated and managed by Mr Shmuel Welis. They are located at 55 Kooyong Rd, Caulfield, phone 03 9509 5429. Chick Chicken is mehadrin, under the strict supervision of Kosher Australia.
2. As of 1/7/10, King David meals are now produced under the strict supervision of Kosher Australia. All meals are mehadrin.
3. Pilpel Fine Foods, recently certified by Kosher Australia, are now available at Costco Docklands. Kosher products distributed by Costco carry the Kosher Australia symbol.
4. In the past, Sirena tuna in large can sizes carried the OU symbol. The OU symbol is no longer on the cans. The Orthodox Union have advised us that pending further investigation Sirena tuna cans are recommended only when bearing the OU symbol.
5. Greenseas Tuna 95g cans Tomato & Sweet Chilli variety are being sold in boxes of 10. The carton carries an OU but individual cans do not. The Orthodox Union have advised us that pending further investigation this product is not recommended.
6. Massel Liquid Stock varieties are Kosher certified, pareve only when bearing the Kosher Australia symbol. Some products without the logo were spotted which would have been produced prior to Kosher certification and are not recommended.
Please note the following items:
1) It is with regret that as of close of business 17/6/2010 My Flame has ceased trading and will be unfortunately converted to a non-Kosher Asian restaurant by the new owners.
2) Golden Circle canned vegetable production (corn, peas) has shifted to NZ which at this stage has not been checked.
We are working with the manufacturer to rectify the situation. Until otherwise advised, these products are not recommended. Canned beetroot will continue to be made in Australia. Please share your feelings with the company.
The consumer hotline is 1800 037 058.
3) We are pleased to announce that Kosher Wok and Barbecue incorporating Mistertwister is now under Kosher certification.
WHAT IS KOSHER WOK AND BARBECUE?
Kosher Wok and Barbecue is a newly launched Kosher LeMehadrin casual catering business that comes to your venue and prepares fun food in a wok, delicious barbecues and salads and desserts that the kids love. We cater for all sorts of functions, from Barmi's and Bati's to 21sts and 50ths.
If a casual, help yourself fun environment, is what you are looking for, and want to try something different, call 0403979265.
WHAT IS MISTERTWISTER?
Most kids would say that hot chips are their favourite food. Mistertwister is a newly launched hot snack potato chip twirled on a stick and cooked at your function. This exciting new concept is a fun way to feed the kids and adults at Kosher kids parties, 21sts, Barmitzvahs and Batmitzvahs. There are 6 exciting flavours that we sprinkle on the twister to create a mouth-watering delicacy. Mistertwister would definitely be your kids choice of fun food.
For more details phone 0403979265.
4) Recently, media reports claimed (subsequently confirmed) that Qantas disposable cutlery was being recycled on various flights. We wish to confirm that Kosher airline meals prepared by Unger Catering were not affected as fresh disposables are supplied by the Kosher caterer with each sealed meal package.
5) In response to the many questions we receive regarding Sanitarium products, at this stage we continue to approve on a non-Mehadrin basis the Sanitarium items currently listed in the 2010 Kosher Australia Food Guide. These products are approved based on information supplied by the Kashrut Authority (NSW) who periodically check Sanitarium.
6) Robern Menz has advised that they are no longer pursuing Kosher certification. Those Robern Menz products (dried fruit) listed in the 2010 Kosher Australia Food Guide are no longer recommended. Products already purchased may be finished.
7) We have been advised by Nestle that due to changes in ingredients and processes, it is no longer possible for Nestle to comply with the requirements of Kosher Australia in the production of Nesquik and Milo. Nestle appreciates that the changes which they have implemented will have significant impact on the Kosher consumer, however, they have advised the changes are unavoidable at this time.
Kosher Australia has attempted to find an acceptable solution to ensure that Nesquik and Milo remain kosher, however, despite our best efforts this has not been possible.
Accordingly, as of 1 July, 2010 all varieties of Nesquik previously listed as Kosher as well as Milo will no longer be acceptable. Existing stocks may be used. Consumers are encouraged to share their feelings with the Company.
The consumer hotline is 1800 025 361.
8) As of Close of Business 20/6/10 Lamzinis 2 ceased operations at the Glen Eira Rd store. The owners anticipate reopening at a different venue in the near future.
Yankel Wajsbort, General Manager
Direct tel: 03 8317 2502, Office tel: 03 8317 2500 or 1300-Kosher
Office fax: 03 9527 5665
Please note that all information provided to us is kept strictly confidential and is used for religious purposes only