|Noticeboard||Beth Din||Archives||Add Event||Subscribe||Privacy||Log in|
In Melbourne Shabbat begins Fri 22 Jun 2018 04:49 PM and ends Sat 23 Jun 2018 05:49 PM
י' אב ה' אלפים תשע"א
Some news and reminders for after the fast.
1. Off the Hook is a new pareve fish takeaway located at 70a Kooyong Rd, Caulfield North (opp Bessa Foods) 9509-1338. Opening hours are daily 11am-9pm. Please see the attached menu.
2. The Royal Nut Company have recently added Crunchy Peanut Butter & Smooth Peanut Butter to their product range. Both are Kosher certified pareve.
3. Go Natural Fruitnut Choc Macadamia & Fruitnut Choc Coconut are Kosher certified pareve.
4. Jila Mints Sugar Free are Kosher certified pareve by Kosher Australia with a best before date of 1/7/12 and after.
5. A reminder that Edgell canned beetroot is no longer acceptable - existing stock should not be used.
6. Flavoured Mineral Waters from Schweppes are no longer acceptable. Existing stock should not be used.
7. Kosher Australia recommends that one should only use extra virgin olive oil with a reliable kosher certification.
8. Sweet n Low sachets packed in Australia (By E.L. Bell) have not been investigated and are therefore not recommended at this stage. Sweet n Low sachets from the US are acceptable when bearing reliable Kosher certification.
9. Coles Italian canned tomatoes are not recommended. Coles Australian canned tomatoes carrying similar markings on the top/base of the can to those used by SPC/Ardmona are acceptable as per the SPC/Ardmona canned tomato listing.
10. The Star-K have advised that Rainbow Dust Edible Stars and Edible Hearts, produced by Rainbow Dust Colours in England, bear an unauthorized Star-K symbol. These products are not certified by Star-K.
11. Consumers should note that with planned factory shutdowns & relocations there are concerns re the ongoing kashrus viability of a number of common product ranges including Heinz sauces, Golden Circle canned vegetables and SPC/Ardmona canned tomato products. At this stage there have been no changes and we are working with the various companies to make every effort ensure the ongoing kosher status of these products. Your support in these initiatives is appreciated.