Some last updates for 2011:
- From 25/12/11 Shemesh Pizza will open for lunch from 12pm with a new menu. Shemesh is located at 813 Glenhuntly Rd, Caulfield (near the corner of Hawthorn Road). Cuisine is Dairy-Cholov Yisroel & your host is Udi Levy. Visit the Shemesh website at www.shemesh.com.au.
- Banaban Coconut Oil, flour, crunch & cocao nibs made by Nature Pacific are now Kosher certified pareve by Kosher Australia. Visit their website www.naturepacific.com.
- Leggo's Tomato Paste in sachets ONLY is now Kosher certified mehadrin pareve.
- 'Emporium Selection' Camembert double cream and Brie triple cream (available from Aldi) cheeses are Kosher certified dairy (non Cholov Yisroel).
- Dollar Sweet non-pariels (regular, ball shaped only) are now Kosher certified. They are available in Coles.
- Food for Health food bars (www.foodforhealth.com.au) are only recommended when carrying the Kosher Australia kosher symbol. Items not bearing the KAust symbol are not recommended.
- Cholov Yisroel Goat Cheese, Goat Yogurt and other CY products now available from Amalya Cafe (must carry the Kosher Australia CY Kosher sticker). Visit the Amalya website at www.amalya.com.au. Stocks are selling fast.
- Pro Chef (lloydbrooks.com.au/pro-chef-product-range) have several new varieties of Kosher certified spray oils - avocado, sesame & rice bran.
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil sprays are now Kosher certified.
- Nespresso and Coffexx coffee pods are Kosher certified pareve. Those sold at Aldi are not recommended as we have no information at this time.
- We have received numerous questions re Bella Sun Luci Sundried Tomato available from Costco. While the certification on the container (Rabbi Eli Frankel) is not broadly recommended, we have confirmed with the Chicago Rabbinical Council that this product is acceptable.
- Mini Bites now offers Kosher Australia supervision upon request – they are located at 564 Glen Huntly Rd, Elsternwick 3185, Tel: 03 9528 5422 or visit their website www.mini-bites.com.au.
- INA PARMA'S marinades must carry the Beth Din of Johannesburg / Capetown kosher symbol on the packaging. Some Kosher food retailers have carried products that have no symbol and are not kosher and may affect the kashrus of utensils used.
- Maria's Pasta - plain fresh & frozen pasta & plain fresh & frozen gnocchi are now Kosher certified pareve. (www.mariaspasta.com.au)
- Natvia sweetener (www.natvia.com) is Kosher certified Pareve ONLY when bearing the Kosher Australia logo.
- Pringles Original & BBQ chips product of USA only are now approved once again even when not bearing the OU symbol. Nonetheless, consumers are urged to contact Pringles http://www.pringles.com.au/askus and urge them to have the OU symbol on packaging.
KA invite people to check the Kosher Australia Facebook page (www.facebook.com/kosheraustralia) for up to the minute updates and answers to those questions from consumers.
Kosher Australia Pty Ltd
main tel: 1300 KOSHER
fax: 03 9527 5665
direct: 03 8317 2502